1. I was elected Chair of the Admissions Committee for the ISC! I didn't have to run to get into the International Student Council, just sign up, but I had to run for a position. There were three other candidates for Chair, but the group elected me and the head of the ISC (who facilitated the election) told me after that he was secretly rooting for me :) Haha kilig!
2. Today is Filipino day or something! I met a girl in the ISC who lived in Manila for 7 years and went to ISM. We talked about Greenbelt and common friends -- she knows Ethan Belmonte how random lol. It was so random but it felt so good! Most of the other Filipinos I've met here are Fil-Ams and don't really know the culture or local schools or malls. This girl actually knew what Assumption was when I told her. It felt nice :) That got me into a whole patriotic trend and I started showing Kristen (my roommate) pictures of tarsiers, the banaue rice terraces, chocolate hills, boracay sand sculptures, butandings (whale sharks) and other stuff like that. I even taught her some Tagalog words. It was so funny. Again, random but super feel-good. Haha :P
3. I got e-mail from Nicolle! Nic, Miggy, France and I started a new tradition. We plan to keep in touch by e-mailing each other full-scale kwentos. As in the complete low-down. So we don't go crazy and always have something to write about, we've each been assigned one weekend per month during which we must write. So Miggy's the first/second, Fran's got the first/second, I've got the third and Nic's got the fourth weekend of every month. Of course we're not limited to that, but it's the bare minimum. It's so Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants! Haha should be fun :)
More soon :)
Sunday, September 28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment