18 years ago, at 5:45 pm (Philippine time), I was born!
Reading everyone's posts on my wall and e-mails to my inbox made me so happy. The sheer number of people who greeted me was pleasing enough, but the fact that some of them made special messages really gave me something to smile about! For some reason, this birthday is different than all the rest. This is the very first birthday I'm spending away from my family, the first birthday in my new world (i.e. Penn), the first birthday of adulthood (though not in the US, right?). It's significant on so many levels, and even though it's just another year, like all the other years before, it feels (for once) like I'm actually crossing a bridge here. I actually seem to be maturing, and not just in general, but at this specific point in time. The events of the weeks leading up to today, although small and not obviously life changing, have been testing me in lots of different areas. Now that I reflect on them, I feel like those little moments were preparing me for this transition. And though this is certainly not the first time I'm experiencing this sort of sudden growth, this is the first time it's been so clear.
I now know more than I ever have before, feel more confident of my choices, know myself and have the courage and conviction to be myself, and just understand the world in a deeper sense. This day is a good day, and I hope it's telling of the year to come. I'm bracing myself with all the anticipation (the good kind) and wonder at the world that I hope never to lose. The prospects are looking bright. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment